Exciting things are happening in all industries we serve. Here are some news items we found interesting and think you will, too.
Pharma + Biotech Buzz
- Top 10 U.S. patent losses of 2017
- Takeda Completes Consumer Health Split
- New work from AstraZeneca highlights use of mechanistic modeling to accurately capture local and systemic concentrations of inhaled products.
- Takeda explores the use of in vitro dissolution-permeation data for pH-dependent DDI predictions with PBPK modeling.
- Acquisitive Allergan gets top-line help, cost-savings potential with $2.9B LifeCell buy
- New Parkinson’s drug heralded as breakthrough
- GSK receives FDA approval for expanded indication for FluLaval® Quadrivalent (Influenza Vaccine) for infants 6 months and older
- Making skin ‘leaky’ to improve drug delivery
- U.S. doctor says Canada is playing down risks of pesticide tainted-pot
- Toxic Chemicals Could Be Extra “Flavoring” In Microwave Popcorn
- Researchers from Simulations Plus present on the improved performance of virtual ADME screening on large compound libraries.
- Bayer Magazine: Keeping the Juice on the Table
- 2016 in pictures: The best science images of the year
- ToxTalk is a toxicology podcast produced by Matt Zuckerman and made possible by contributions from the Division of Toxicology, Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
- Shoppers guide to avoiding toxic chemicals
- Impact of pesticide on bumblebees revealed by taking experiments into the field.
- Addressing the gap between research and practice in sustainable agriculture
- Korean Regulations Get a Makeover
- Canada’s Revolution for Consolidating Self-care Products
- Lead Levels in Cosmetics
- New Concepts in Cosmetic Regulations. . .It’s Time to Leave the 1930s Behind
- Sucralose Uses As A Sweetener
- Using plasma to make skin ‘thin’
- Taiwan bans cosmetics animal testing from 2019
- Soft Drink Suppliers Try to Blunt the Blow of Soda Taxes
- Aerospace firms starting early to recruit top tech talent
- SpaceX Launch Begins Era of Space-Based ADS-B Tracking
- Congress surprises science community by passing research bill
- John Glenn, American Hero of the Space Age, Dies at 95
- 5 Technologies Transforming the Defense and Aerospace Industries
- Bringing Back The Supersonic Era: Boom’s Planes Are Faster, Cheaper Than The Concorde
- Aerospace Products & Services Stocks Under Scanner — Lockheed Martin, Embraer, General Dynamics, and TASER.