Accounting Operations Manager
LOCATION: This position will be 100% remote.
DESCRIPTION: The Accounting Operations Manager manages all activities related to the accounts receivable (AR) and accounts payable (AP) functions including customer invoice creation, cash collections, customer billing and payment inquiries as well as vendor invoicing and payments, employee expense reporting, sales tax returns and payments and all other associated activities. As a newly created position, the Accounting Operations Manager will be responsible for identifying opportunities for efficiency gains and implementing changes accordingly. The Accounting Operations Manager will not only coach, mentor and develop the team handling the day-to-day financial activities of the organization, but will also evaluate, assess, propose, and implement improvements to the current systems, processes and working methods to operate even better as a fast growing, world-class organization. The Accounting Operations Manager will report to the Vice President, Corporate Controller.
- Oversee the entire accounts payable process, including both vendor payments and employee expense reimbursements. Supervise and assist the AP staff in properly processing transactions, coding to the general ledger, and resolving employee and vendor questions.
- Lead sales tax reporting, including approving sales tax returns and payments, and resolving any potential tax notices received, with the assistance of Avalara.
- Periodically review vendors to ensure accurate classification for IRS Form 1099 reporting purposes.
- Prepare and send IRS Form 1099s by the annual deadline.
- Review and reconcile the corporate credit card statement.
- Oversee the entire AR process including the creation of customer invoices, monitoring of outstanding balances, and timing completion of collections. Assist AR staff in properly processing transactions, responding to division requests for information, and resolving customer questions.
- Supervise the AR staff to ensure cash receipts are applied appropriately to outstanding receivables, deferred revenue, or to revenue.
- Train, oversee, coach, develop, assist and evaluate the performance of team members.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively manage, mentor, and develop team members
- Willingness and ability to “roll up one’s sleeves” and collaborate with process participants in solving issues.
- Self-motivated, deadline driven and results oriented; a problem solver with strong teamwork skills and strong desire to drive and implement change.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience