Assistant Corporate Controller
LOCATION: This position will be 100% remote.
DESCRIPTION: The Assistant Corporate Controller will play a major role within the Accounting Department and will be a dynamic team player. The successful candidate will be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and competing deadlines, while also supervising 2-3 direct reports. The Assistant Corporate Controller will report to the Vice President, Corporate Controller.
- Supervise accounting staff and oversee day-to-day accounting activities
- Maintain and validate internal controls and update documentation to ensure SOX compliance
- Maintain workpapers in support of financial and SOX audits
- Prepare quarter close schedules and reconciliations
- Review journal entries in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Convert foreign division’s financial statements to US GAAP
- Responsible for reporting and managing all equity-based transactions including Form 4s.
- Draft all SEC reports, e.g. 10Q, 10K, 8K, Proxy, and Section 16 filings
- Responsible for reporting equity compensation.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of disclosures within SEC fillings
- Maintain technical expertise and knowledge of newly issued accounting standards and SEC reporting requirements. Evaluate impact of new standards on financial statement presentation and disclosures.
- Review and update XBRL tagging
- Recommend process improvements
- Prepare variance analysis, financial ratios, and ad hoc reporting
- Assist with annual reporting projects
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively manage, mentor, and develop team members
- Self-motivated, deadline driven and results oriented; a problem solver with strong teamwork skills and strong desire to drive and implement change.