- Marketing & Sales
- The successful Business Development Director will be responsible for driving new business and meeting established revenue goals through the sale of Simulations Plus’ portfolio of software products (emphasis on the ADMET Predictor™ platform) and consulting services in the drug discovery space. The successful hire will demonstrate the ability to target and manage their markets strategically while operating within an assigned budget. They will also need to be a highly engaged, positive team player and show a high degree of customer focus.
- The Business Development Director will be responsible for managing, and directly interacting with, a select group of domestic and international prospect and customer accounts for the purpose of accelerating their conversion and reorder sales growth.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- prospect acquisitions
- building client rapport and networks with scientists in drug discovery
- product needs assessments
- web-based and onsite product and sales presentations
- setup and attendance at conferences
- contract preparation and negotiations
- account and marketing database management
- market and business research
- development of marketing and promotional materials
- competitor intelligence and analysis
This position reports to the President – Lancaster Division, but may assist the
Life Sciences group with certain activities. Frequent travel (<50%) required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Science, Engineering, or other related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of successful B2B sales experience within high-tech and/or pharmaceutical industry. Knowledge or training in drug discovery, chemistry, or pharmaceutical development a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates and communicates a positive attitude while interacting with clients at all levels.
- Must be able to multitask and have strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- USA (preferably Boston, MA, San Francisco, CA, or San Diego, CA)
- Competitive base salary + commissions