Business Development Director, Quantitative Systems Pharmacology
Buffalo, NY, Lancaster, CA, Paris, France, Remote Work, Research Triangle Park, NC
The successful Business Development Director will be responsible for driving new business and meeting established revenue goals through the sale of the DILIsym Services division of Simulations Plus (SLP) portfolio of services, including, but not limited to, quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP) and toxicology (QST) consulting projects and associated software.
The successful hire will demonstrate the ability to target and manage their markets strategically while also collaborating across divisions of SLP (Cognigen, Simulations Plus, and Lixoft) and capitalizing on opportunities to advance sales of physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK), physiologically-based biopharmaceutics (PBBM), population pharmacokinetics (pop-PK), and population pharmacokinetics-pharmacodynamics (PKPD) consulting services. They will also need to be a highly engaged, positive team player and show a high degree of customer focus. This position will support all stages of the sales process, including new lead generation, responding to sales inquiries, engaging with prospective clients to facilitate interactions between client decision-makers in R&D procurement and internal subject matter experts, coordinating and supporting quote and proposal development, and facilitating effective communication to ensure client engagement and satisfaction, as well as analyzing and maintaining sales data.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in science-related field preferred
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including well-developed presentation skills
- Experience with sales in a business-to-business setting, selling consulting services preferred.
- Experience with sales in a pharmaceutical or scientific environment preferred
- Knowledge of various relationship sales techniques, including use of social media (i.e,. LinkedIn)
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with potential customers
- Flexible, creative, and able to work in a non-structured developing work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat required experience in using a CRM system preferred