The Business Development Specialist is responsible for supporting the company’s sales strategy by identifying, and engaging with new and existing clients to create new sales leads. You will coordinate with the broader Sales and Marketing team to communicate the company’s services and capabilities and maximize conversion of sales leads to customers. This position will support all stages of the sales process, including responding to sales inquiries, engaging with prospective clients to facilitate interactions between client decision makers in R&D procurement and internal subject matter experts, coordinating and supporting quote and proposal development, and facilitating effective communication to ensure client engagement and satisfaction, as well as analyzing and maintaining sales data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Utilizing your network and in-house resources, you identify potential new sales leads and business opportunities, aligned with company offerings.
- Engage with key internal and client stakeholders to initiate, develop, and maintain relationships with potential clients, including responding to inquiries, calling on prospective clients via relevant communications channels (i.e., phone, e-mail, social media, conferences). Identifying opportunities to expand relationships with existing customers and build the customer organization.
- In collaboration with Management you help develop sales strategies that align our services and expertise with needs and interests of potential and existing clients
- Collaborating with Scientific and Operations Staff to prepare quotes and proposals. Draft responses to requests for information and requests for proposals.
- Working with other Business Development team members, secure opportunities for presentations of our services and capabilities.
- Contribute to development of processes to track and manage the sales cycle . Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives related to sales cycle processes and management.
- Accurately maintaining sales-related data in CRM and other sales tools. Assist in analyzing and providing interpretation of competitive landscape for services offered by the company
- Ensuring all sales documentation is prepared in accordance with company policies and procedures
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor’s degree in science related field preferred
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including well-developed presentation skills
- Experience with sales in a business to business setting, selling consulting services preferred.
- Experience with sales in a pharmaceutical or scientific environment preferred
- Knowledge of various relationship sales techniques, including use of social media (i.e,. LinkedIn)
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with potential customers
- Flexible, creative, and able to work in a non-structured developing work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat required, experience in using a CRM system preferred