The Life Sciences Department at a leading developer of simulation software for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries is looking for an experienced C++ and Visual Basic software engineer to support compute engine and interface development in support of various state-of-the-art simulation and modeling software products as well as for new product development. This position reports to the Director of Life Sciences in support of a staff of Ph.D. scientists with a worldwide reputation for best-in-class software and scientific expertise.
To be successful in this position, you should have demonstrated experience in advanced Visual C++ and Visual Basic code development and testing. Experience with scientific programming is a plus. Bring your passion for software development and be prepared to expand your skills to a new level!
- Exceptionally strong C++ and Visual Basic skills are required – beginners need not apply
- .NET, C# and Objective C skills a plus
- Unix/Linux development experience a plus
- Development for iPad/iPhone a plus
- Thorough understanding of Windows API
- A passion for design, problem solving, AND hands-on development
- Windows development experience
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design; data structures; systems and applications programming; and
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms and data structures)
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Networking, OSI Model, and TCP/IP stack is desirable
- Minimum 3 years full-time programming experience in a commercial software environment
Los Angeles Area (Position in Lancaster, CA)
DOE. Competitive pay and generous benefits package with a highly successful and financially stable public company founded in 1996.