Database and C++ Programmer – Software Engineer – Computer Scientist at Simulations Plus, Inc. Focused on Developing Applications, Databases, and Database Interfaces for Modeling and Simulation of Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Agents
Outstanding candidates are sought for a C++ and database programmer to work with an elite team of engineers and scientists developing commercial simulation and modeling software for pharmaceutical and medical research at Simulations Plus (www.simulations-plus.com; NASDAQ:SLP), located in Lancaster, CA. You will be working to develop and enhance database-driven compute engines and user interfaces of various state-of-the-art simulation and modeling software products. Our staff of scientists is world renowned for best-in-class software and scientific expertise.
- Exceptionally strong database experience and database connectivity knowledge required, preferably experience with both server/client and embedded DBs, schema design for relational databases, SQL, ODBC, etc.
- BS/MSc degree in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent required
- Minimum three years full-time C/C++ programming experience in a commercial software environment
- Strong computer science/software engineering background including:
- Object-oriented design, data structures, systems and applications programming
- Database development and optimization
- Tools and techniques for software quality assurance
- Windows development experience
- Passion for design, problem solving, and hands-on development
- Excellent English, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL SKILLS:
- Scientific programming, such as chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, engineering, physics, or other physical science
- Strong mathematical background
- Parallel processing, parallel query execution and optimization
- Numerical integration and nonlinear optimization
- The exceptional candidate will bring the latest and best in software engineering, including databases, algorithms and architectures, design patterns, and best practices for software quality assurance.