- Life Sciences
- The successful Director – Operations will serve as the primary liaison and facilitator
between the division’s departments for project related tasks, capacity, connectivity,
and/or issues. The successful hire will plan and negotiate resources with line
management of functional areas and serve as an advisor on project teams by providing
input regarding the operational, scientific, and project management aspects, as needed.
They will also need to be a highly engaged, positive team player and show a high degree
of customer focus.
- Manage the forecasting, planning and logistics for software development and consulting
activities, including the direction and resource allocations, ensuring performance and
quality standards are met. Review performance of the division’s activities, and make
recommendations for improvement in quality/efficiency. Participate as a primary source
of operations information in the budgeting process for strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate both short- and long-term planning for all aspects of the division’s
operations and growth. Contribute operational input to other teams as appropriate,
including developing and distributing appropriate reports to executive level.
- In collaboration with others, develop and refine project management processes within
the division. Lead teams of subject matter experts to develop and review SOPs. Serve as
point of contact with sponsors during audit reviews.
- Review and provide input on study proposals, while participating in the sales and
marketing function as it relates to the division’s software development and consulting
activities. Work with the Life Sciences group to liaise with sponsors to better understand
needs and continuation of support in their programs.
- Attend conferences, trade shows, or other vendor related activities. Support marketing
& sales through interaction with business development leads on strategy and
connecting talent and subject matter experts to satisfy client’s needs.
- Assist Marketing & Sales to expand consulting portfolios and serve as inside sales
support for consulting work. Connect clients to the expansion of software and service
line offerings to improve current offerings and ensure brand recognition.
This position reports to the President – Lancaster Division. Some travel (<20%) required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Science, Engineering, or other related discipline.
- Minimum five (5) years of successful project management experience within high-tech
and/or pharmaceutical industry. Knowledge or training in drug discovery, chemistry, or
pharmaceutical development a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates and communicates a positive attitude while interacting with colleagues
and clients at all levels.
• Must be able to multitask and have strong organizational skills.
• Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Lancaster, CA, though remote options will be considered.
- Competitive base salary + merit-based bonus.