Finance – SEC Reporting Manager
Simulations Plus, Inc. (ticker symbol SLP) is seeking a SEC Reporting Manager who will be a key addition to our Corporate Accounting team. This is a remote position and will report to the Assistant Controller. The right person for this role is motivated, self-directed, accountable, and possesses a high standard for their work product. If you are detail-oriented and welcome new challenges in a fast-paced, growing environment, this role is for you.
- Participate in the coordination and preparation of SEC reports, i.e. 10K, 10Q, 8K, and proxy statements.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of financial statements, footnote disclosures, and accompanying information and facilities management and auditor reviews.
- Maintain technical expertise and knowledge of newly issued accounting standards and SEC reporting requirements. Evaluate the impact of new standards on financial statement presentation and disclosures.
- Ensure compliance with internal control requirements over financial reporting processes.
- Assist with month-end close activities including preparing account reconciliations, journal entries, and the consolidation of financial statements.
- Responsible for reporting and managing all equity-based transactions including Form 4s.
- Responsible for reporting equity compensation.
- Assist with the establishment, documentation, and maintenance of the company’s accounting policies and internal controls.
- Involvement with special projects, acquisitions, and other ad-hoc requests.
- 5+ years of accounting experience at a public company, with at least 3 years in Public Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting from an accredited university required
- CPA required
- Proficiency with accounting systems, QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, Advanced in Excel, and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, and results-oriented; a problem solver with strong teamwork skills and a strong desire to drive and implement change.