Finance – Sr. Corporate Accountant
Simulations Plus, Inc. (ticker symbol SLP) is seeking a Senior Corporate Accountant who will be a key addition to our Corporate Accounting team. This is a remote position and will oversee the day to day general ledger transactions and will report to the Assistant Controller. The right person for this role is motivated, self-directed, accountable, and possesses a high standard for their work product. If you are detail-oriented and welcome new challenges in a fast-paced, growing environment, this role is for you.
- Assist with the month-end and quarter-end close process. Preparing journal entries and supporting reconciliations for key balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Assist with consolidating financial statements. Recording intercompany elimination and foreign currency translations.
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Oversee revenue recognition per ASC 606.
- Lead internal audits and SOX 404 audits.
- Lead implementation and enhancement of internal controls.
- Assist with the preparation of documents for 10-Q and 10-K.
- Lead various process improvement initiatives to gain operational efficiencies and automate manual tasks using ERP system capabilities.
- Provide support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience (public company experience preferred), with at least 2 years in Public Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting from an accredited university required
- CPA required
- Proficiency with accounting systems, QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, Advanced in Excel, and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, and results-oriented; a problem solver with strong teamwork skills and a strong desire to drive and implement change.