At Simulations Plus, an IT Engineer is an IT administrator with programming skills.
As an IT administrator, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the company’s IT network, servers, and security systems, and supporting employees in configuration, protection, and use of laptops and workstations. You’ll be responsible for investigating and solving network problems, managing passwords and permissions, carrying out configuration and installation of IT solutions, and making recommendations for improving the company’s IT systems and services.
Use your skills in scripting and programming languages to build in-house tools and contribute to our product line in the areas of installation, licensing, and piracy protection. You will work with our elite team of engineers and scientists developing software for pharmaceutical research, where you will help our customers install our software products on their systems.
Minimum three years of full-time experience in IT administration. Related degrees or certificates are a plus. Minimum one year of full- or part-time experience in programming in any language.
- Maintain the networks, servers, firewalls, laptops, workstations, backups and other IT resources.
- Provide technical support to employees in all departments—science, accounting, sales and marketing, etc.
- Prepare installation scripts for new software versions and test on various operating systems and foreign language machines.
- Manage and enhance our internal customer license management system.
- Provide technical support to customers for installation and licensing.
- Maintain cloud servers for customer groups attending our webinars and workshops.
- Provide occasional support for employees and customers outside of normal working hours.
- Maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance by using good IT practices.
These are the technologies this position uses. The more you already know, the better. We realize candidates may not have experience in every one of these, and may need to learn on the job.
- Mostly Windows administration (XP through Windows 10), some Linux and Mac
- Cisco and other firewalls
- Various on-site and off-site backup solutions
- Amazon Web Services and other cloud services
- PHP, C++/C#, Bash
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Expert organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and on deadlines
- Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external clients
- Ability to learn new technologies and put them into practice
- Database management experience
- Positive attitude
Los Angeles Area (Position in Lancaster, CA)
DOE. Competitive pay and generous benefits package with a highly successful and financially stable public company (NASDAQ: SLP). Bonus and stock options based on performance.
Learn about Simulations Plus, Inc. and our full product line. Apply and upload your CV and resume below.