The Payroll Administrator plays a critical role by ensuring payroll-related transactions and reports for our domestic and international employees are accurate and timely. The successful candidate will be detailed oriented and able to manage multiple projects. This role requires someone who quickly adapts to systems and processes. This position reports to the Corporate Controller.
• Process bi-weekly payroll for 3 domestic divisions and accurately incorporate changes affecting new hires, terminated employees, gross pay, tax withholding, and benefit deductions.
• Review, analyze, and verify payroll reports, benefit reports, 401k reports, and supporting documents for accuracy and compliance with internal controls.
• Create and post bi-weekly payroll journal entries and communicate any adjustments with Accounting Department.
• Analyze and research complex matters and provide detailed responses to inquiries.
• Act as the primary contact for employee questions and issues regarding payroll
• Set up new employees within the payroll system. Register with states, as needed, to allow for proper withholdings.
• Manage payroll for international contractors/employees. Work with Accounts Payable team to fund payroll via wire payments. Assist with onboarding of international contractors and employees.
• Maintain accuracy of employees’ benefit deductions, including HSA, FSA, and 401k contributions.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
• Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information secure and confidential.
• Manage relationships with payroll-related vendors to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Support year-end payroll activities including finalizing accurate W-2.
• Oversee the annual 410k reporting and audit.
• Assist with SOX and financial audits by providing requested data and reports.
• Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 5-7 years of payroll experience in a multi-state, multi-entity payroll operation
• Experience at a public company a plus
• Experience with ADP a plus
• Knowledgeable of federal, state, and local payroll-related laws and regulations
• Proficient knowledge of MS Office products with an emphasis in Excel (sumifs, vlookups)
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines while remaining organized
• Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interface with and influence internal/external customers/vendors
• Bachelor’s degree and/or a payroll certification is a plus