We are seeking an energetic, organized, and adaptable Project Manager to assist with support of multiple projects and grants for our Regulatory Strategies, Simulation Studies, and Simulation Technology teams. The Project Manager will be responsible for driving and tracking multiple software development, grants, and strategic consulting studies and acting as a change agent for a growing team.
To ensure success, the Project Manager should have experience in a client facing role, developing and tracking budgets, project management, process improvement, and risk management. The outstanding candidate will be deadline-driven with excellent relationship building and communication skills excited to work with a highly collaborative team.
- Coordinate with internal resources and clients for the execution of multiple projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Maintain well documented, organized, and up-to-date project files including proposals, model inputs, reporting, and correspondence.
- Organize, identify and document the resources required to complete a project successfully.
- Assist operations team in managing resource availability across a project or across multiple projects.
- · Manage and initiates changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs and escalate to management when needed.
- Measure project performance using appropriate project management tools and techniques
- Maintain excellent client relations throughout the project lifecycle and prioritize customer service.
- Perform risk management to minimize potential risks. Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Responsible for project forecasting, budgeting, revenue recognition and invoicing.
- Prepare and report project metrics to the project team and leadership.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to share with team and clients.
- Evaluate process and drive process improvement when needed.
- Learn to deputize for modeling scientists in their absence with ability to provide updates to internal/external customers.
- Plan and implement grant programs, prepare budgets, research funding opportunities, coordinate grant staff, monitor timelines, tracking results, and analyze financial data.
- Help lead the organization through a transformation and be a change agent/advocate.
- Assist with other internal projects as needed to support the operations team.
Bachelor’s degree in business or science related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as project manager or similar role
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
- Excellent client-facing, written, and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking abilities
- Advanced computer skills including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and TEAMS suite
- Experience working with enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions and project management software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven atmosphere and incorporate strategic decision making
- Demonstrates and communicates a positive attitude while interacting with colleagues at all levels.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Some travel required (<10%).
- Lancaster, CA, or remote