R Data Programmer
Buffalo, NY, Lancaster, CA, Paris, France, Remote Work, Research Triangle Park, NC
Cognigen is seeking an experienced R programmer to provide internal and external project teams with innovative and high-quality data management and analytical solutions. The successful candidate will independently develop programming solutions that use advanced coding techniques while working with complex data sources. They will perform a wide range of activities that include: creates complex datasets; produces standard and customized summary tables and graphical displays; recommends areas for standardization and automation; develops standardized programs to automate routine tasks; writes complex dataset requirements ensuring consistency for multiple analyses within a project; performs code reviews requiring advanced programming skills. Collaborates closely and communicates clearly with project team members; discusses problems with clients; serves as a technical resource and mentor for coworkers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides programming support to meet project objectives.
- Works with different data types; manipulates data to control dataset input and output; understands how to analyze and troubleshoot data sources.
- Combines datasets; summarizes data; processes data iteratively.
- Performs data manipulations and transformations.
- Performs code reviews; offers advice regarding where to expand upon documentation and where and when to improve programming efficiency.
- Provides expert advice on how to display data in graph format; provides time estimates on different approaches.
- Discusses data problems with external clients; maintains good client relationships.
Understands and applies advanced, complex, and efficient programming.
- Makes recommendations for standardization and automation.
- Develops standardized programs to automate reports and graphs.
- Writes complex scripts that are portable, increase productivity, and are efficient; creates packages of helpful utilities.
- Understands scripts and other utilities in order to troubleshoot output generated from these scripts and other utilities.
- Reviews exploratory data analyses; considers implications of findings on dataset creation process and appropriateness of requirements.
Acts as data management lead.
- Ensures appropriate level of communication with internal team members.
- Delegates work; ensures work is consistent across programmers; understands client needs and project-specific standards.
- Teaches programming standards; reviews work of other programmers.
- Extensive experience in R programming, manipulating data, and generating data displays.
- Proficiency with base R, tidyverse, or data.table, ggplot2.
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Highly self-motivated and willing to take on challenges
- Possesses strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills