To ensure success, sales support administrators should have experience in a sales environment and advanced administrative skills. Outstanding candidates understand sales performance metrics and provide excellent administrative support to ensure sales targets are met.
- Sales Support Administrator
- Business Operations
- Maintain and update sales and customer records.
- Prepare quotes in a timely manner for customers.
- Receive and process purchase orders.
- Create and manage sales contracts and agreements.
- Ensure that data and operational records (quotes/orders) in the CRM are accurate and protected against unauthorized access.
- Compile monthly sales reports.
- Serve as initial business point-of-contact to direct messages to relevant departments.
- Research companies and set appointments with prospects and clients.
- Support the sales and/or marketing departments with other administrative tasks, if requested.
- High school diploma or GED. An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar preferred.
- Previous experience in sales administration, or a similar role.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience with CRM software such as Dynamics 365, Salesforce, or ACT!
- Advanced knowledge of administrative recordkeeping.
- Familiarity with sales reports and sales records.