Scientific C++ Developer
Simulations Plus is a leading developer of modeling and simulation software, and a provider of consulting services. We support our pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients through drug discovery, development research, and regulatory submissions.
Leadership truly cares about maintaining a positive culture and for employee well-being. We offer fully remote work, flexible schedules, unlimited vacation along with free medical premiums, stock options, bonus potential, and more!
We are looking for a Scientific C++ Developer who has strong C++ experience in commercial scientific software development and in all phases of software development. This is an amazing opportunity to join the team dedicated to updating and building our modeling and simulation software programs.
Location: This position is 100% remote.
- Design and develop new software products
- Improve and enhance existing software products
- Contribute toward building our common scientific libraries
- Conduct in-house research and contracted studies for external clients
- Discuss software application issues with clients
- Originate new product modules or novel applications
- Extend current programs and their application
- Provide guidance to others in task implementation and hypothesis generation
- Travel to client sites to provide training and consultation
- Use numerical methods, mathematical modeling, and optimization to solve ordinary differential equations (ODEs)
- Troubleshoot issues during development lifecycle using tools to measure quality and performance
Education and Experience:
- Masters or PhD in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 5-10 years of scientific software development using modern C++
- Experience with Qt programming strongly preferred
- Strong foundation in object-oriented programming
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle