Scientist II | Sr. Scientist – Simulation Studies
Simulations Plus in Lancaster, CA
- Simulation Sciences
- Analyze and interpret preclinical and clinical data. Study the effect of diseases on animal and/or human physiology. Conduct research to further understand the effects of healthy and disease states on drug absorption, distribution, and elimination.
- Use mechanistic, physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling and simulation approaches to integrate knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, efficacy, safety, patient demographics, and pathophysiological factors.
- Perform mechanistic absorption/PBPK modeling and simulation to address objectives with client projects, including, but not limited to, FIH predictions, formulation design/optimization, population simulations, and DDI predictions.
- Construct and validate mechanistic mathematical models for description of compound distribution in different tissues/organs in the body.
- Write study proposals, study reports, and/or white papers to clearly describe model development and validation.
- Discuss software applications with clients and prospects on telephone or in person.
- Share research findings by writing scientific articles and/or presenting at scientific conferences.
This position reports to the Team Leader – Simulation Studies.
Ph.D. or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Pharmaceutical Science, Biostatistics, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as Scientist, Research Associate, or related.
- Experience should include performing PBPK modeling of distribution of compounds in animals and humans. It should also include performing PBPK/PD analyses of clinical data, including drug absorption, drug-drug interaction, metabolic stability, clearance, and protein binding.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates and communicates a positive attitude while interacting with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Must be able to multitask and have strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Some travel required (<20%).
- Lancaster, CA, though remote options will be considered.
- Competitive base salary + merit-based bonus.