7:30 AM - 10:30 AM PDT
RENAsym 90-Minute Crash Course – FREE
Who should attend?
This is a 90-minute quick-start, crash RENAsym software course for clinicians, pharmaceutical/biotechnology scientists, and engineers in the areas of toxicology, clinical pharmacology, pharmacovigilance, DMPK and ADME looking to learn more about kidney injury – prior experience with RENAsym is not required.
The crash course will use RENAsym version 1A, the latest version of RENAsym. The purpose of this course is to provide new (or prospective new) users of RENAsym with the perspective, resources, and learning path needed to become expert users. Class size is limited to encourage interaction with the course instructors and among attendees. Virtual networking among industry, government, and academic scientists is part of the experience!
What will you learn?
You will understand the following important aspects of kidney safety investigation:
- concepts will be introduced related to acute kidney injury (AKI) monitoring and detection
- primary mechanisms, (e.g., mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress or ROS, and crystal nephropathy) often involved in drug-induced AKI events
- in vitro assay design and execution for AKI-related mechanisms
- pharmacokinetics, including prediction of renal concentrations using GastroPlus® and how this impacts AKI predictions (note that a separate GastroPlus workshop is recommended for detailed PBPK training)
You will gain basic experience with:
- translating in vitro data into RENAsym parameter values
- simulating expected AKI outcomes for humans and rats
- utilizing simulated populations (SimPops®) to predict infrequent events in a diverse patient population
You will benefit from a live demo
- A live hands-on demonstration will be provided
- A RENAsym quick-start guide, pointing you to all the relevant references and sources needed to grow into an expert user, as well as providing key tips and tricks
This workshop is FREE. Seats are limited.
Please register by November 27th, 2023
* This course will be recorded and available on-demand in the future.