11:00 am -12:00 pm EDT
In this webinar, Simulations Plus and Lonza subject matter experts will demonstrate how PBPK models combined with Lonza’s custom and off-the shelf in vitro tools and solubility enhancement expertise can be used to identify and mitigate absorption risks in early drug development, reducing the need for drug product reformulation or repeated preclinical or clinical studies.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Learn how PBPK modeling can identify potential oral absorption risks and mitigation strategies (e.g. bioavailability enhancement) for early drug candidates
- Learn how PBPK modeling coupled with in vitro testing can guide early selection of drug form and formulation to achieve clinical study goals
- Gain insights into how key drug and formulation factors including solubility, permeability, and dissolution rate can impact absorption risks such as poor oral bioavailability, food-drug interactions, and pH-dependent DDI effects
Who Should Attend:
- Scientists, engineers, and team leaders working in oral small molecule drug substance and early drug product formulation development
- Industrial and academic pharmaceutical scientists and engineers interested in small molecule bioavailability enhancement selection strategies
- Those involved in drug development decisions and outsourcing (CMC leads, consultants)
Presented by Deanna Mudie, PhD a Senior Principal Engineer at Lonza Small Molecules & John DiBella, President of the SLP Division at Simulations Plus.