This webinar will showcase the use of GastroPlus® for a pharmacy course. This course is designed to teach students how to perform mechanistically based simulations to predict the oral absorption pattern, pharmacokinetics, and biopharmaceutical properties of compounds in humans. The computer simulations offer students the opportunity to learn about bioavailability concepts while providing a range of experience with major biopharmaceutic determinants that affect systemic drug exposure.
- Getting students engaged in active learning in an online environment
- Visualizing the principles of drug absorption and bioavailability using GastroPlus
- Encouraging critical thinking about Bioavailability and Biopharmaceutics
- Dr. Raimar Löbenberg, Professor, Faculty of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Director, Drug Development and Innovation Centre, University of Alberta
- Dr. Daniela Silva, Post-Doc Fellow at Simulations Plus.