Evaluating the Hepatotoxicity of Compound V with QST/QSP Modeling
Is your compound causing drug-induced liver injury?
3 Common Client Questions:
- Was their compound responsible for ALT elevations observed during a clinical trial?
- If the compound was the primary driver for the cell death and ALT elevations observed, what hepatotoxic mechanisms might their compound be triggering?
- To what extent does the compound concentration play a role in the liver?
Our Software Capabilities:
Our quantitative systems toxicology (QST) software DILIsym® investigates the 3 major mechanisms for causing hepatocyte death.
- BA transporter inhibition
- Mitochondrial dysfunction
- Production of reactive oxygen & nitrogen species; i.e. oxidative stress
Our GastroPlus® software builds custom PBBM and PBPK models;
- To estimate liver concentration of Compound V
What we typically need to proceed:
- In vitro assays assessing the capability of the molecule to cause cell death
- PK Data helping determine the liver exposure
Custom QSP development and consulting services are available to anyone, to receive a presentation on how we can help your organization with a fit-for-purpose or disease area QSP platform, please Contact Us.