Session Description and Objectives
- What is DDDPlus™
- How can it be utilized in drug development?
- What can DDDPlus predict?
- How do we use DDDPlus for complex precipitation assays?
- What results can be obtained?
- Case Study – synergy of DDDPlus and GastroPlus®
- Biphasic and membrane dissolution experiments for determination of precipitation kinetics.
- In Vitro to In Vivo (IVIVE) extrapolation of dipyridamole, ketoconazole, and itraconazole precipitation
- Why is precipitation important?
- What in vitro experiments can quantify precipitation rates?
- How can in vitro dissolution and precipitation can be modeled using DDDPlus?
- How can in vitro dissolution parameters translate into PBPK simulations and what are the pitfalls?
By James Mullin
Presented at American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) PharmSci 360, October 17-20, 2021