Ms. Momoko Beran, chief financial officer of Simulations Plus, stated: “In accordance with our policy to release timely financial information to our shareholders, we are releasing preliminary revenues for 4QFY12 and for the entire fiscal year 2012. Net income will not be known until income taxes have been determined and our auditors review our Annual Report on Form 10K for FY12. We expect to file our 10K with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on or before the November 30, 2012 deadline.”
Preliminary results for the quarter:
- This was the Company’s 20th consecutive profitable quarter, and the 42nd of the last 44 quarters
- Preliminary revenues for the pharmaceutical software and services portion of the business increased to a new fourth quarter record of $1.640 million, compared to $1.427 million in 4QFY11.
- This represents an increase of 14.9% over 4QFY11.
- Approximately 34% of 4QFY12’s pharmaceutical software and services business was from new customers.
- Although consulting and collaborations revenues were about $8,000 less than 4QFY11, the Company has closed the gap from earlier quarters this year with approximately $74,000 from its two new funded collaborations that began this quarter.
- Cash at the end of the quarter was $12.7 million after a dividend distribution of just under $800,000 in August, and a total dividend distribution of just under $2.4 million during the fiscal year.
Preliminary results for the entire fiscal year:
- Preliminary revenues for the pharmaceutical software and services portion of the business increased to a new fiscal year record of $9.449 million in FY12, compared to $8.739 million in FY11.
- This represents an increase of 8.1% over FY11.
- Approximately 21% of FY12 pharmaceutical software and services business was from new customers.
Walt Woltosz, chairman and chief executive officer of Simulations Plus, added: “Our pharmaceutical software and services business continues to accelerate. This was a new record fourth quarter for pharmaceutical revenues. Our new funded collaborations have added to our high annual software license renewal rate and continued strong sales growth for our pharmaceutical software and services.”