Simulations Plus, Inc. ( SLP ), a leading provider of simulation and modeling software for pharmaceutical discovery and development, today reported preliminary revenues for its third quarter of fiscal year 2012 ended May 31, 2012 (3QFY12). Results below are reported for continuing operations (without the discontinued operations of the Company’s former Words+ subsidiary).
3QFY12 highlights compared with 3QFY11:
- This was the Company’s 19th consecutive profitable quarter, and the 41st of the last 43 quarters
- Preliminary revenues increased to $2.77 million from $2.64 million – a new record for any 3rdquarter
- Approximately 15% of revenues came from new software licenses
- Approximately 0.14% of revenues came from consulting studies
- Cash as of May 31, 2012 was approximately $12.99 million, up 33.7% from $9.71 million on May 31, 2011. On May 8, just under $0.8 million was distributed for the Company’s second ongoing cash dividend of $0.05 per share per quarter.
Momoko Beran, chief financial officer of Simulations Plus, said: “Our trend of sustained growth and profitability continues with yet another new 3rd quarter record. We continue to maintain a strong balance sheet, with our cash now approximately $12.99 million after distributing almost $1.6 million in dividends since March, and we continue to have no debt.”