DILIsym Releases NAFLDsym® Version 2A
DILIsym Services, Inc., a Simulations Plus company (Nasdaq: SLP) and a leading provider of simulation and modeling software for pharmaceutical safety and efficacy, today announced that it has released NAFLDsym® Version 2A, quantitative systems pharmacology (QSP) modeling software to support the development of treatments for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
Dr. Scott Q Siler, chief scientific officer of DILIsym Services, said: “We are excited about the release of NAFLDsym v2A, as we believe it will assist the pharmaceutical industry by bringing effective medications to non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) patients in a timely and cost-efficient manner. The quantitative systems modeling introduced with NAFLDsym v2A enables users to evaluate key pathophysiologic areas of evaluation in NASH drug development, such as how drug candidates affect steatosis, lipotoxicity, inflammation, and fibrosis. In particular, NAFLDsym v2A allows users to predict efficacy in NASH patients for combinations of treatments, which is thought to be the best path for treating this disease.”
Shawn O’Connor, chief executive officer of parent company Simulations Plus, added: “NAFLDsym v2A is the result of an immense effort by our highly skilled modeling and simulation team and the support of our corporate sponsor. We look forward to the continuing use of predictive modeling and simulation tools to reduce the cost and improve the efficiency of drug development.”
- >1000 simulated patients with variability in pathophysiology, representing the spectrum of NAS and fibrosis; scores allow users to test simulated patient cohorts that align with their intended trial patient characteristics
- Clinical biomarkers (e.g., MRE, MRI, Pro-C3, NAS, plasma triglycerides, plasma cK18)
- Fibrosis – test strategies to prevent or reverse the production of extracellular matrix and associated scarring
- Steatosis – test strategies to prevent or reverse liver lipid accumulation
- Lipotoxicity – test strategies to prevent hepatocyte loss
- Inflammation – test strategies to prevent inflammation
- Weight gain and loss associated disease progression and regression
- Plus much more…
DILIsym Services, Inc., applies NAFLDsym for comprehensive consulting services on drug development decisions. NAFLDsym is also available for direct use. Contact us to receive a free trial version today!